[GLLUG] (OT) ISP advice please

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Sat Feb 27 17:14:55 UTC 2016

On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 02:55:40PM +0000, Peter Grant wrote:

> I keep looking at A&A and dreaming where I can afford the bandwidth I
> need through them. However, since you mention you don't need much
> bandwidth, they may be the quickest to actually fix your issue. They
> also do native IPv6, which annoys BT as the official position is you
> can't (yet) using BT lines...

Looking at A&A £35/month for 100GB at speed 40Mbit .... but only for home users,
which is annoying. I am a one man band and they want £200/month + VAT for 200GB;
which I don't want to afford.

I am currenly through ENTAnet, £29/month, 15GB 40Mbit but they only meter 8am -
8pm, so I have cron jobs to do rsyncs, etc, at night (so that + my son [no idea
what he is downloading] takes to 80 - 120 GB/month). You can only get them via
a reseller; I used Jason Clifford (UK FSN), but I would advise against since he
does not answer emails/phone calls - I am prob going to need to move as a
result.20

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/