[GLLUG] (OT) ISP advice please

Andrew Beverley andy at andybev.com
Sat Feb 27 17:31:21 UTC 2016

On Sat, 2016-02-27 at 17:14 +0000, Alain Williams wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 02:55:40PM +0000, Peter Grant wrote:
>
> > I keep looking at A&A and dreaming where I can afford the bandwidth
> > I need through them. However, since you mention you don't need much
> > bandwidth, they may be the quickest to actually fix your issue. They
> > also do native IPv6, which annoys BT as the official position is you
> > can't (yet) using BT lines...
>
> Looking at A&A £35/month for 100GB at speed 40Mbit .... but only for
> home users, which is annoying.

There is a bit of flexibility on that. I am also a one-man band, and
working from home, in which case they were happy to sell me the home
user package. The only catch is that they won't provide VAT receipts in
that instance.

>  I am a one man band and they want £200/month + VAT for 200GB; which I
> don't want to afford.

As it is, I buy the proper business one, as I only get through about 5GB
peak usage per month.

Andy