[GLLUG] SSD

T Menezes tm.onthemove at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 21:15:42 UTC 2016

Many thanks to all the comments/suggestions.

I had read somewhere (
http://lifehacker.com/windows-does-defragment-ssds-but-its-okay-1666753409)
that Windows does defrag the SSD. There seem to be so many different
answers, usually focussing on particular use cases that it became quite
hard to figure out how best to manage my 1st SSD.

Since I don't think I am any different from the average Joe (whatever that
means) in how I use my computer, I have been looking for the sensible
course of action for average user. From what I read in this list - which I
tend to trust a bit more than the random PC website, that is extremely easy
to do - I am going to do exactly nothing other than disable the defrag
schedule in Windows!

Cheers
TM