[GLLUG] New Linux/ubuntu user seeks help/repair Croydon/Surrey/South London area

jackie menon jacqueline.menon at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 20:07:03 UTC 2016

Hi Kevin
I have an Acer Aspire. I initially get a screen headed GRUB, then a white
screen. The white screen is a long standing problem with this laptop
predating the Linus/ ubuntu installation. By turning it on and off I used
to eventually get it up and running.
The current problem started when I lost my desktop icons and was presented
with a purple screen.
Since coming back from the repair shop I now have a box on a black screen
with the message:
The system is running in low graphics mode. your screen graphics card and
input device settings could not be detected correctly. You will need to
configure these yourself"
Regards
Jackie