[GLLUG] Help for a newbie. Installing Ubuntu

Chris Vine chris at cvine.freeserve.co.uk
Tue May 24 10:04:30 UTC 2016

On Tue, 24 May 2016 10:20:14 +0100
Chris Vine via GLLUG <gllug at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:
[snip]
> I have a USB stick that I have prepared this way which will install
> slackware-current on secure boot only computers.

For the orignal poster seeking help:

As an addendum to this, I suggest that the OP asks on the Fedora help
fora whether their installation boot images are suitable for installing
Fedora on computers which do not permit secure boot to be switched off
while installation is taking place.  If they do and he is a newbie, he
should use Fedora instead of ubuntu.

If not, it might stimulate Fedora to actually produce an image which
does.  Since Fedora's shim has been signed by Microsoft, and shim has
also been signed by Fedora with the same key as used to sign their
kernels, it should just boot if they have prepared the installation
images correctly.

Chris