[GLLUG] RADVD configuration

Chris Bell chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
Mon Apr 3 12:34:43 UTC 2017

Hello,
I am trying to get to know more about IPv6 using a shoreline firewall
(shorewall + shorewall6) on Debian without having a real allocated global
address yet. I have a box with 4 ethernet interfaces sitting piggy-back on an
IPv4 firewall, with the first interface using DHCP from the IPv4 firewall. Each
of the other interfaces would have the global address plus a site local fdxx
address, where only the first 62 bits of the site local address prefixes are
identical. I intended to use site local prefixes for local connections and an
allocated global prefix for all non-local connections. I have installed bind9
on the firewall with all relevant addresses available. I can configure static
boxes individually using IP-Route to choose the correct site or global prefix
suitable for the destination, and shorewall6 appears able to configure its own
interfaces with multiple addresses, but I am having problems trying to set up
RADVD to provide the same information to laptops and other mobiles. Is it
possible?
Thanks for any information.
--
Chris Bell