[GLLUG] Debian 9 Intel Pro 1000 card problems

Henrik Morsing henrik at morsing.cc
Tue Aug 22 07:18:49 UTC 2017

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 07:47:11AM +0100, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:

>Hi,
>
>It is most likely a cable or switch problem. The drivers for that ethernet
>chip has been working fine for a long time for a lot of people.

Hi,

Realtek card works fine with the same cable/swicth port. Unless the Intel card is somehow more sensitive... I will check the swicth for errors.

>Another option causing the problem could be binary kernel modules such as
>nvidia.

No binary modules installed...

>Or interrupt conflicts.

I was wondering - as per my first post, it seems to happen after this "Interrupt 16 - nobody cared" message in the log.

Can you still change IRQ numbers in BIOS like in the good old days?

Regards,
Henrik Morsing