[GLLUG] OT: rsync Mail & Maildir changes after upgrade to OS X Sierra

gvim gvimrc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 14:20:35 UTC 2017

I run Dovecot and Postfix on my Mac desktop and Macbook Pro with
Thunderbird POP3 retrieving new mail into a local Maildir. I also use
Mac Mail on both machines in addition to Thunderbird. I update the
Macbook Pro by rsync-ing ~/Library/Mail,  ~/Maildir and
~/Library/Thunderbird from the Mac and trust me, it all works. Well, it
did before I upgraded both machines to OS X Sierra. Now every time I
rsync everything Mail on the Macbook Pro insists on re-downloading every
message. I tried just rsync-ing ~/Maildir but without the ~/Mail update
Mail doesn't see recent Sent messages even if I right-click Sent and
choose Synchronize "Local IMAP".

Any ideas?

gvim