[GLLUG] Slightly OT ( ISP - How slow is usefull?)

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Sun May 7 19:35:07 UTC 2017

John Winters via GLLUG wrote:
> On 10/04/17 23:26, John Southall wrote:
> [snip]
>
> What I did was to migrate our old landline number to being a VoIP
> number, and now all our home phone calls come in over the data
> connection.  The physical line exists just to carry the broadband
> connection.
>
> [snip].
>
> Cheers,
> John

I'm thinking of doing the same Voip migration. What becomes of the POTS
service on the line? Does the dial tone go away or do BT allocate
another number or what?

I'm concerned that if I cancel/migrate to Voip the POTS service they
will disband the line as well and the broadband service will go with it?

:-) Ken

believed to be clean.