[GLLUG] Setting up an IPv6 test.

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Mon Oct 2 11:11:23 UTC 2017

On 02/10/17 12:06, Alain Williams via GLLUG wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 02, 2017 at 11:56:38AM +0100, Greater London Linux UUG wrote:
>> On 2017-10-02 11:19, Chris Bell via GLLUG wrote:
>>> Plusnet have told me that they will not roll out IPv6 addresses
>>> until they
>>> have totally run out of IPv4 addresses
>>
>> This scares me: I would immediately switch ISPs.
>>
>> A&A and Zen are both running native IPv6.
>
> As does Entanet - I have had IPv6 at home for ~ 8 years.

I agree with this sentiment.  There comes a point where it really isn't
worth spending any time faffing about.  Ten years ago, setting up IPv6
piggy-backed over your IPv4 connection was an interesting exercise.
Nowadays it really shouldn't be necessary.

Yesterday I spent a while making sure all my published services were
advertised and working correctly over IPv6.  Quite pleasing.

http://uid0.com/ip6dc/xronos.uk

Really do - switch to a proper ISP.

John