[GLLUG] Raspbian "stretch" problems

Steve Parker steve at steve-parker.org
Sat Sep 2 15:35:14 UTC 2017

On 01/09/17 08:09, Philip Hands wrote:
> Steve Parker via GLLUG <gllug at mailman.lug.org.uk> writes:
>> To start it manually (without the "via systemd" note):
>> systemctl start ssh
> I think you meant this (given your without systemd comment):
>
>    service ssh start
Chris had noted that he was getting the "via systemd-service" message,
which was because he was using the init.d script (but he would get the
same message from "service"), so I was actually just pointing out that
using systemctl directly would achieve the same result without the "via
systemd" message being displayed.

The "service" command will presumably be deprecated at some point, once
systemd has taken over the world! :-(