[GLLUG] Debian interfaces and disable systemd

Henrik Morsing henrik at morsing.cc
Tue Apr 10 16:46:12 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have a Debian Linode VPS, and rebooting it always annoys me as I have
to manually add my additional IP address and restart all the services.
I've read and followed both Linode and Debian guide on how to add it to
the interfaces file, but recently realised it's because systemd ignores it.

Linode guide said to disable systemd for networking, but I have been
unable to get this to work.

Can someone tell me how to get Debian to use the interfaces file, please?

Thanks
Henrik Morsing