[GLLUG] Debian interfaces and disable systemd

Andy Smith andy at bitfolk.com
Tue Apr 10 19:34:44 UTC 2018

Hi Henrik,

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 05:45:42PM +0100, Henrik Morsing via GLLUG wrote:
> Linode guide said to disable systemd for networking, but I have been unable
> to get this to work.
>
> Can someone tell me how to get Debian to use the interfaces file, please?

I have multiple Debian jessie Linode VMs each of which has multiple
IPv4 and IPv6 addresses configured in /etc/network/interfaces, and
they work fine.

systemd-networkd is meant to ignore interfaces defined in
/etc/network/interfaces as long as ifupdown is installed.

I think you should probably show us your /etc/network/interfaces
file.

Also note that there is an option "Auto-configure Networking" under
the Linode configuration profile for each Linode that defaults to
Yes, and I think that interferes. All mine are set to No, there.

Cheers,
Andy