[GLLUG] blacklist *-gov.uk

Tim Woodall t at woodall.me.uk
Wed Jul 11 12:38:34 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I'm getting quite a lot of phishing emails suddenly from *-gov.uk.
Today's was @ebilling-companieshouse-gov.uk.

Is there an easy way to block these in sendmail (or bind)?

My googling for pattern-matching in sendmail and bind isn't finding
anything. I want a two minute fix, it's not important enough to spend
too much time on

I wish the registrar would just reject any -gov.uk domain request
though.

Tim.

p.s. Within about 24hrs these domains are dead anyway. Todays is the
first one of these emails that I saw while the domain is live so I guess
it was registered today.