[GLLUG] blacklist *-gov.uk

Carles Pina i Estany carles at pina.cat
Wed Jul 11 23:00:57 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Jul/11/2018, Tim Woodall via GLLUG wrote:

> Everything matches. Valid SPF (which is how it bypassed greylisting)

>     autolearn=no autolearn_force=no version=3.4.1
>

> Anyway, it's not common enough to be worth spending much time on. But if
> someone knew a two minute hack to block these domains (in dns or mail)
> then it would be good not to be accepting them. Even just breaking the
> spf lookup would probably be enough to trigger greylisting which would
> probably stop it arriving.

In your spamassassin you could do something like:

blacklist_from *@domain.com

I can't remember if this just adds "points" to the score or it's
blacklisted straight away. But I have this for a domain in a
spamassassin concept.

Last year I bought a new domain and the mails were lost (I didn't like
that, for what I remember the emails were not returned but also not
delivered... this might have changed) to users of fastmail.co.uk. After
contacting them they do this for all the new domains (up to 14 days I
think).

Cheers,

--
Carles Pina i Estany