[GLLUG] blacklist *-gov.uk

James Courtier-Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 00:21:04 UTC 2018

On 12 July 2018 at 00:00, Carles Pina i Estany via GLLUG
<gllug at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:
> Last year I bought a new domain and the mails were lost (I didn't like
> that, for what I remember the emails were not returned but also not
> delivered... this might have changed) to users of fastmail.co.uk. After
> contacting them they do this for all the new domains (up to 14 days I
> think).

Seems like a pretty good policy.
If a domain was only registered 14 days ago or less, assume it is junk email.

Also, interestingly, if you do a DNS lookup, it has pointed the name server at:
ns1.suspended-for.spam-and-abuse.com

So, checking if its DNS is pointing towards
*.suspended-for.spam-and-abuse.com   might give you a clue whether to
trust it or not!!!

Cheers

James