[GLLUG] Charity WiFi, a bit off topic

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Sat Mar 24 21:02:33 UTC 2018

On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 04:53:14PM +0100, Greater London Linux UUG wrote:
>    Hi,
>
>    I'd like some advice, please. I voluteer at a charity and have got them
>    all using Linux on their computers. Now they want me to install a WiFi
>    system for them. They have recently refurbished part of the building
>    and wish to turn it into a meeting room for 20-25 people. The current
>    broadband WiFi doesn't reach up to the meeting room, so will need some
>    additions.
>
>    My local pub uses something called Open Mesh, has anyone used these,
>    and are they any good?

I would recommend something like these, plug into the mains on one floor and
another somewhere else in the building. I have used these before and achieved
excellent results. I am not recommending any particular one of the brands
listed, just the idea:

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/networking/powerline/321_3076_30123_xx_xx/xx-criteria.html

--
Alain Williams