[GLLUG] Network UPS Tools

Chris Bell chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
Mon Jun 17 16:31:28 UTC 2019

On Monday, 17 June 2019 17:11:56 BST Martin A. Brooks via GLLUG wrote:
> On 2019-06-17 17:04, Chris Bell via GLLUG wrote:
> > I am able to ssh in from another local box, su to root, but am then
> > unable to
> > use the standard "shutdown" command.
>
> What do you mean by "unable"?
>
> What command did you type?  What result did you get?  How did this
> differ from your expectations?

I totally re-installed buster from scratch to guarantee that there was nothing
else affecting the problem, then

In each case where it failed:
su and login with the root password, then
# adduser --uid=xxx username
bash: adduser: command not found
# shutdown -r +1
bash: shutdown: command not found

No problem after ctrl+alt+F1 then simple login as root.

--
Chris Bell
Website http://chrisbell.org.uk