[GLLUG] Internet Utopias Survey

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Fri Nov 22 19:51:20 UTC 2019

On 22/11/2019 19:24, Chris Bell via GLLUG wrote:
[snip
> A few years ago I visited the BETT show and a teacher explained that she had
> just been appointed as head of the school's IT department, so had come along
> to find out what it was all about.

That rings a few bells.  I've written some FOSS software for schools,
but in my experience of dealing with school IT people their knowledge of
IT is generally slight to non-existent.  To make matters worse, there
are some big suppliers to schools who really prey on this deficiency.
They very much rely on schools having no-one capable of calling out
their bullshit.

I really mu
st refr
ain fro
m mentioning any name

John

--
Xronos Scheduler - https://xronos.uk/
All your school's schedule information in one place.