[GLLUG] moving a fixed ip number

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Tue Feb 4 10:29:20 UTC 2020

On 04/02/2020 09:51, Oliver Howe via GLLUG wrote:
> Is it possible to keep my fixed ip number when i move house?

Assuming you mean your IP address, that would depend on who your ISP is
and whether it is genuinely fixed (rather than just having happened to
stay the same for a long time).

With a genuinely fixed address, and assuming you keep the same ISP, I
would expect it to be possible, but you really need to ask them.  If you
change ISP, then definitely not.

Cheers,
John

--
Xronos Scheduler - https://xronos.uk/
All your school's schedule information in one place.