[GLLUG] moving a fixed ip number

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Tue Feb 4 11:54:28 UTC 2020

On 04/02/2020 11:09, Oliver Howe wrote:
> It is a leased line into my office. I want to move to a new provider
> (the current one is more of a reseller) and keep the same IP address as
> a lot of my clients allow me access to their systems based on my IP address.

If you move to a new provider, then almost certainly not - unless you
move to the provider for whom your current one is a reseller.

Your IP address will be one of a range belonging to and routed to your
underlying supplier.  You can't port them like mobile phone numbers.

Cheers,
John

--
Xronos Scheduler - https://xronos.uk/
All your school's schedule information in one place.