[GLLUG] Postgrey holding list

Henrik Morsing henrik at morsing.cc
Tue Mar 3 12:24:46 UTC 2020

On Tue, Mar 03, 2020 at 11:56:10AM +0000, Marco van Beek wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Nothing knows that it is in a ‘waiting’ state. All PostGrey does is record the combination of the IP address and the email address and the time of first contact.
>
>It is up to the sending server to retry, at which post postgrey checks the database entry and as long as it is past to 300 second delay, raises no objections and lets it through.

I'm sorry but you are contradicting yourself.

It must know that something is waiting, how else would it know if it has passed the 300 seconds?

And you go on to say it checks the database entry... I will try again to make sense of the database files, will possibly need to read through the code for help.

Thanks
Henrik Morsing