[GLLUG] Internet Data Rate

Frank Scott lists at frasco.org.uk
Wed May 13 12:13:20 UTC 2020

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 11:01:42AM +0100, Chris Bell via GLLUG wrote:
> Hello Frank,
> You could find that you get an improvement by using a replacement lower front
> panel VDSL filter for the incoming BT NTE5 termination box which will block the
> data from entering your internal telephone wiring. It will bypass the line
> filter in the standard box, which destroys the balance between the wires, and
> replace it with another after the data has been isolated, preventing your
> telephone wiring from acting as tuned aerial stubs.
> --
> Chris Bell
> Website http://chrisbell.org.uk

Back in the day when ADSL2 came in I acquired a NTE5 termination box an
purchased a replacement faceplate from Solwise and connected to my
router using a shielded RJ45 cable. When I updated to FTTC in 2017 I
replaced the faceplate with a VDSL one from Solwise. I found no
difference in sync rate between the two.
 I put it badly, but the point I was intending to make was that 70Mbs
from a 80Mbs nominal line was not bad. As usual John W. made the point
more clearly and concisely.

fcs
--
    /V\    : ;`  :   Frank Scott  Sutton, London