[GLLUG] Internet Data Rate

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Wed May 13 12:20:47 UTC 2020

On 13/05/2020 12:29, Chris Bell via GLLUG wrote:
[snip]
> Undo the two screws holding the lower panel and remove it. You may need to
> transfer any telephone wiring originally connected direct to the back to the
> replacement panel, there should be similar IDC connection points on the new
> one, then fix the new panel in its place. There will be one socket for the
> modem plus one standard BT telephone socket on the new one to replace the
> original single telephone outlet.

Interesting - I hadn't seen this kind of replacement plate before, but
it seems less well designed than the standard unit.

Some careful thought seems to have gone into the one of which I posted
pictures earlier.  If you have extension wiring run from your NTE5 you
don't even need to disconnect it - there's a slot in the new
intermediate plate to let that slide in and then the original faceplate
can be replaced.

Is there an advantage to the one which you're suggesting?

John

P.S.  I've found in the past that the best way to get one of the slot-in
plates is to ply a friendly BT technician with tea and chocolate
digestives (plain chocolate obviously).

--
Xronos Scheduler - https://xronos.uk/
All your school's schedule information in one place.