[GLLUG] IP address problems.

Chris Bell chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
Thu Nov 12 12:13:32 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 12 November 2020 11:49:25 GMT John Winters via GLLUG wrote:
> On 12/11/2020 11:44, Chris Bell via GLLUG wrote:
>
> [ about difficulties configuring persistent IPv6 addresses ]
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> I've found that I needed to use two different strategies depending on
> whether the initial address is configured statically or picked up
> automatically.  If you tell me which you're doing I will dig out my
> notes on the relevant approach.
>
> Cheers,
> John

I am trying to get both working, with dedicated RaspberryPi boxes normally
sitting in the DMZ but sometimes pre-configured in another network, mainly
dedicated boxes in another network, and mainly random boxes used for general
web access, etc, in another. I am trying to set up a replacement firewall, but
I discovered a few more problems when one of two boxes running Bind9 locally
died a few days ago. It seems that some of the RaspberryPi boxes have changed
the name of their ethernet interface again, and could no longer find the IPv6
gateway.

--
Chris Bell
Website http://chrisbell.org.uk