[GLLUG] nginx oops!

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Sun Nov 29 15:48:01 UTC 2020

On 29/11/2020 15:39, MJ via GLLUG wrote:
> in /home/diaspora/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.5 at diaspora/bin/unicorn -c

The above is a command, not a directory, so it can't really contain your
config/unicorn.rb

> there is no config/unicorn.rb > nor in
> #############:/home/diaspora/.rvm/config# ls
> alias db displayed-notes.txt known known_aliases known_strings md5
> pre_commit.yml remote sha512 solaris ssh.example
> #############:/home/diaspora/.rvm/config#

I certainly wouldn't expect to find it in your Ruby Version Manager
configuration directory.

I'm not familiar with this particular piece of software (Diaspora) so I
don't know how it lays out its directory structure but I'd be pretty
confident that the file must exist because you've invoked it explicitly
specifying that configuration file, so I'd expect it to complain if it
wasn't there.

It will presumably be under the working directory of your software, so
take a look at:

/etc/systemd/system/diaspora-web.service

and look for a line which reads something like:

WorkingDirectory=/home/...

Then in that directory look for a sub-directory called config containing
a file called unicorn.rb.

Cheers,
John

--
Xronos Scheduler - https://xronos.uk/
All your school's schedule information in one place.