[GLLUG] nginx oops!

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Sun Nov 29 16:11:31 UTC 2020

I've been doing some research.  It would appear that Diaspora is a Ruby
on Rails application which uses Unicorn as its application server.

You're trying to set it up with Nginx as a front end.  I found some
instructions on how to do that here:

https://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-install-diaspora-decentralized-social-media-on-debian-10/#step-download-and-configure-diaspora

but at a first glance it would seem they are not complete.
Specifically, you need to copy the file "diaspora.toml.example" in the
config directory of the application as "diaspora.toml" and edit it to
suit your particular set up.  This is where you specify the location of
that socket file.

HTH
John

--
Xronos Scheduler - https://xronos.uk/
All your school's schedule information in one place.