[GLLUG] Multi-Boot Puzzle - a bit OT

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Sun Oct 4 18:20:39 UTC 2020

John Winters via GLLUG wrote:
> On 04/10/2020 18:21, James Roberts via GLLUG wrote:
> [snip]
>> I've done this a lot in the past and now I just don't. Disks are
>> cheaper than my time, so I am prepared to multi-boot, but not from
>> one disk.
> [snip]
>> IIWM I'd acquire another disk or two and put everything on its own disk.
>
> Seconded.  Reading the original query I felt like I'd dropped through
> a time warp and gone about 20 years into the past.  I wasn't aware
> that people did such convoluted installations any more.
>
> Disks are ridiculously cheap these days.  Give everything its own disk.
>
>> I'd take a safe image/copy of that 1.5 tib disk as my first action
>
> Also seconded.
>
> John

Hi Guys,

Well this machine all started out simple...... Anyway. I've come to the
same conclusion, separate disks, in my reading around the topic today.

At some point I might even virtualise the legacy Svr 2K3 system. I think
I may also have stubbed my toe on a XP/Svr 2K3 issue related to booting
from other than sector 63.

Thank you for your time - much appreciated.

:-) Ken

believed to be clean.