[GLLUG] Debian network interface boot configuration

Henrik Morsing henrik at morsing.cc
Sat Jan 30 19:08:13 UTC 2021

On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 05:05:50PM +0000, Andy Smith via GLLUG wrote:
>Hi Henrik,
>
>Your interfaces file should say "inet6" not "inet". i.e.:
>
>iface eth3 inet6 static

Gosh, I was so close! Well spotted, I just tested it and it works. Thanks!

And Chris, I do agree, but that's how I feel about a lot of the "Linux" (or rather what surrounds it) stuff, it needs firming up and some slicker design to make it usable.

I think what also annoyed me when I tried debugging this in the past, is the complete lack of output from the network scripts and even trawling through scripts like 'up' which actually has a debug variable, didn't seem to add anything useful.

Anyway, thanks again, can't believe that was the last missing piece.

Regards,
Henrik Morsing