[GLLUG] irssi and ssl

Henrik Morsing henrik at morsing.cc
Mon Nov 15 15:00:29 UTC 2021

On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 02:50:11PM +0000, John Winters via GLLUG wrote:

>You do it with "dpkg-reconfigure ca-certificates" and make sure the
>one being used by your ISP is trusted.

Thanks, got this:

root at emil:~# dpkg-reconfigure ca-certificates
Updating certificates in /etc/ssl/certs...
0 added, 0 removed; done.
Processing triggers for ca-certificates (20210119) ...
Updating certificates in /etc/ssl/certs...
0 added, 0 removed; done.
Running hooks in /etc/ca-certificates/update.d...
done.

I chose "yes" and trusted all listed, which were exclusively Mozilla certificates. Maybe a silly question, but how would it know what my ISP certificate is? Do I need to retrieve and place it somewhere?

Looking at the text when it reconfigured, it copies the same file over I already tried.

Regards,
Henrik Morsing