[GLLUG] irssi and ssl

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Mon Nov 15 14:50:35 UTC 2021

On 15/11/2021 14:38, Henrik Morsing via GLLUG wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My ISP started enforcing SSL on their IRC channel, and I have not been
> able to connect since. I get:
>
> 14:33 -!- Irssi: warning Could not verify TLS servers certificate:
> unable to get local
>            issuer certificate

I had a similar problem recently in that my installation of Roundcube
wouldn't talk to my own IMAP server.  What was needed was to enable
trust of the relevant root certificate.

You do it with "dpkg-reconfigure ca-certificates" and make sure the one
being used by your ISP is trusted.

HTH,
John--
Xronos Scheduler - https://xronos.uk/  |  i = (free(NULL), i++);
All your school's schedule information in one place.
Timetable, activities, homework, public events - the lot
Live demo at https://schedulerdemo.xronos.uk/