[Gloucs] USB Key Drive

Guy Edwards gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Aug 27 13:44:00 2002

On Tue, 2002-08-27 at 12:08, Mick Brooks wrote:
> I don't believe it. I just got one of those a couple of weeks ago - and had
> it working on a Mandrake box pretty quickly. I stayed up late last night
> trying to get it to work on my Debian box, but I failed.

I had to unload (2?) kernel modules for the camera so that gphoto could
use it. (or at least unloading the modules fixed it anyway.)

> motherboard wanted an 8 pin connector. I chopped the two unused pins off so
> that it would fit into the motherboard.

:-) I love it

> Nothing worked - but with the l'espion camera I got further than ever. Linux
> detects it being plugged in and tries to give it a bus address but the camera
> seems to reject it:

Your probably better at this than me, but just to see if its the same:
1. Whats your kernel modules listing with lsmod? I removed
 	modprobe -r stv680

2. What usb packages are installed?
3  What does doing
 gphoto2 --camera "l'espion by DigitalDream" --port usb -n debug
give you?

I pretty much blundered my way through with some common sense but I
think you might have a different problem.

Hope it helps,
Guy