[Gloucs] PC Shop

Steve Searle gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Dec 23 20:38:00 2002

--TakKZr9L6Hm6aLOc

Around 03:28pm on Monday, December 23, 2002 (UK time), Jill Tovey scrawled:

> Hi Everyone,
>=20
> Someone mentioned at the October meeting that there was a place in Innswo=
rth
> Tech Park where you could get old PC's for about =A35-=A310 ?
>=20
> I have ventured there twice now, each time armed with a =A310 note, and
> unfortunately each time returned home some time later still with =A310 no=
te
> and slightly smaller heels on my shoe.
>=20
> Could anyone give me a rough idea of where it is, or what it's called bef=
ore
> I have to invest the =A310 in a new pair of shoes?
>=20
Its called Hemplan Ltd.  Go through the main entrance of the industrial
estate, and go left.  It is offices, not a shop and they are only open
weekday office hours.  They have lots of HP Brios of varioing specs.  I
have bought hald a dozen of there PCs, varying from a P75 for =A32 to
Celeron 500s for =A380.  The 500s have 10 Gb drives.

They only come with keyboard and mouuse - you can get a monitor from
about =A35 for 14 inch.  NICs cost =A32, and will not run at 100 even though
they are marked at 10/100.  I eventually found that the 100 protocol is
a wierd (RV?) one, and is only supported by a special switch or hub.
The work fine at 10 though.

They tend to only come with 64 Mb Ram, but you can add 256 Mb for about
=A325 from Crucual.

Hope this helps

Steve

--=20