[Gloucs] meetings and website

bjh gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Dec 31 11:13:00 2002

Thanks for joining in on this one David... Seems wireless networking is
sparking interest!

I will also attend the next meeting (about time I did as I started this LUG
a long while ago now!), and perhaps we can have a good chat about the
subject and make some progress with Linux.

We use Sitecom Wireless Network USB adapters IEEE 802.11b, Model WL-003, for
our PC's but no Linux drivers are provided by Sitecom for this animal albeit
that drivers are available for other products in the range (I have contacted
Sitecom and they cannot suggest a solution), so we have a problem changing
these two systems to Linux.

We also use Dreamweaver MX for website building which needs Microsoft MDAK
or SDK to work...

I had some very helpful dialogue with John Mckeown just prior to Christmas,
and he suggested using Suse 8.0 (or presumably 8.1 would be ok?), together
with Win4Lin as a possibility, as he uses Dreamweaver 4.0 I believe, but we
need to sort out the wireless networking prior to changing our PC's to the
SuSe distro...

Best wishes... Barrie Haycock