[Gloucs] I-WORM/Opas.A

Guy Edwards gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Dec 31 12:38:00 2002

On Tue, 2002-12-31 at 12:06, Mark wrote:
> just disable viewing of html in outlook would be a major step forward
>
> AND DISABLE THAT PREVIEW PANEL FOR MURPHYS SAKES!

I remember a message bing in the inbox with a virus attached to it but I
couldn't select it to delete it because it would have previewed and run
it... (old days of outlook long ago)

> Regardless of how fast you update your patches, your vendor needs to
> release them promptly, most linux distributors do this. (that or dont run
> the vulnerable service in the first place!)

I always enjoy(wrong word) the wait between seeing a vulnerability
announced on the net and waiting for Mandrake to put the updated RPM on
the mandrake updates server. (yeah I'm lazy)

Guy