[Gloucs] Newbie

Dave Addison gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Nov 15 00:46:02 2002

This is a PGP signed message sent according to RFC3156 [PGP/MIME]

--=_Turnpike_5evMt3DPQE194LgQ=

In message <00d301c28bc2$efb889c0$0200a8c0@serv1>, Jill Tovey=20
<jill.tovey@bigbluedoor.com> writes
>Hi,
>=A0
>Fearing that my eyes really were forming=A0the square appearance like my
>mum always told me they would, I was about to get out and=A0join a local
>chess club when I saw in the back of a magazine that Gloucester had a
>Linux group (hoorah!).
>=A0
>So I thought it only polite to introduce myself before descending upon you
>all at the next meeting :-)
>=A0
>My name is Jill, I am in my final year of a computing degree at
>Cheltenham (almost made it!), and live just around the corner from the
>Cross Keys pub.
>=A0
>My main interest is in networking and security (no I'm not a hacker), and I
>have been a fan of Linux for=A0a few years now, plotting the downfall of B=
ill
>Gates and his evil empire from my old 486 machine running, er, *cough*
>windows 2000.
>=A0
>Actually I am building a small PC empire myself here, in the=A0office, or =
the
>"dining room" as my mum likes to call it. =A0I have a few=A0more machines,
>one currently very unstable one running the new version of SuSE, and one
>beautiful laptop that cost me my entire=A0first year university loan runni=
ng an
>old version of redhat and, er *cough* windows 2000 ;-)
>=A0
>Anyway, before I start including diagrams.........
>=A0
>I look forward to meeting you all on the 26th !
>=A0
>Jilly
Hi

I'm more interested in the server side of things myself so I may be=20
lobbibg a few questions in your general direction.
--=20
Dave Addison
So much to learn, so little time.