[Gloucs] Routing woes

Tim Ballam gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Nov 14 12:36:01 2002

Routing woes

I'm trying to set-up a network with a DSL and cable modem connection and
want the cable modem to be the backup.  If I set a workstation up with 2
default gateways and start a ping going if I pull the DSL network cable I
get no network access until I delete the offending gateway.

Anyone any thoughts. (apart from spending about 5K on a box)

Tim Ballam

Technical Engineer

CPC Computers

M:	tim.ballam@cpccomputers.co.uk