[Gloucs] Re: university

John McKeown gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Nov 17 08:07:01 2002

Guy Edwards wrote:
> I don't know exactly what you job entails John, do you=20
> get to chat to the lecturers much, are they approachable?=20

Never meet them, I'm at FCH campus located spatially inside
Theology dept, but working for a semi-independent charity.
Flying visits to Park campus library every other month,=20
I don't even know where the IT dept common room=20
is or I could've left some literature there

Jill Tovey wrote:
> I wonder if I can help with anything over at park campus - as that is w=
here
> my lectures are held,

Great. You could really help.

Is there a poster for GLUG - if not I could adapt the old=20
Open Day poster?  We met a student via the openday (who=20
was doing a Saturday job minding the open-access where
we borrowed monitors from) and he told us there was some=20
Linux awareness (as was one course that featured Unix)=20
but didn't hear any more

regards
John McKeown