[Gloucs] Request for pointers to information!

Gordon Burgess-Parker gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Nov 19 14:02:01 2002

Hi Gloucs LUG!

I am a past user of Mandrake 8.0 and am now considering going back to Linux.

I am currently doing MCSA in Windows 2000 at home, and would like to
find some information on how much Linux is currently being used in the
workplace, and what the forecast is for the future. (Whether Desktop or
Server)

Secondly, I'm looking for some specific information on dual-booting with
W2K, and also whether or not I would be able to easily get my USB ISDN
modem working.(I'm currently running BT Home Highway using their own USB
connection)

I am looking at purchasing Mandrake 9 (unless anyone can recommend any
other distro!)

many thanks for the help

Gordon