[Gloucs] Request for pointers to information!

Dave Addison gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Nov 19 21:28:00 2002

This is a PGP signed message sent according to RFC3156 [PGP/MIME]

--=_Turnpike_6gbsi+BSxq294L6O=

In message <3DDA4380.3080304@virgin.net>, Gordon Burgess-Parker=20
<gordon.bp@virgin.net> writes
>Hi Gloucs LUG!
>
>I am a past user of Mandrake 8.0 and am now considering going back to Linu=
x.

>I am currently doing MCSA in Windows 2000 at home, and would like to
>find some information on how much Linux is currently being used in the
>workplace, and what the forecast is for the future. (Whether Desktop or
>Server)
>
>Secondly, I'm looking for some specific information on dual-booting with
>W2K, and also whether or not I would be able to easily get my USB ISDN
>modem working.(I'm currently running BT Home Highway using their own USB
>connection)

If you have the Home Highway socket with the built in USB connection,=20
it's working fine for me with RedHat 7.2 (2.4.9 kernel) so Mandrake 9=20
should be OK as well
--=20
Dave Addison

--=_Turnpike_6gbsi+BSxq294L6O=