[Gloucs] Hereford went well

Dave Addison gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Nov 21 19:45:01 2002

This is a PGP signed message sent according to RFC3156 [PGP/MIME]

--=_Turnpike_f5M1UbBIdT394LnY=

In message <200211211147.37715.jmckeown@glos.ac.uk>, John McKeown=20
<jmckeown@glos.ac.uk> writes

>Went with Dave Addison up to Hereford Computer Club yesterday
>evening. Dave drove from work in Bristol, picked me up and on to
>Herefordshire. We gave talks to audience of over twenty people.
>Very encouraging. It was new territory for most people there,
>general appreciation, and some there who plan to try Linux.
>
>regards
>john

It was a fun evening, John had a very impressive slide set (on=20
OpenOffice) and I did a quick tour around the desktops (the tea cooker=20
applet was though to be very useful)> I think we managed to keep the=20
audience entertained and there was a lot of positive feedback at the end=20
(as well as mince pies). Particularly encouraging was the two guys from=20
a local IT company who came up and said they were motivated to set up a=20
Linux server to see if they could offer Linux machines as an alternative=20
to selling Microsoft exclusively. They wandered off with the RedHat 7.3=20
DVD.
--=20
Dave Addison