[Gloucs] Hereford distros + SuSE 8.0 request

John McKeown gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Nov 22 10:31:01 2002

> two guys from a local IT company who came up and said they were motivat=
ed to=20
set up a Linux server ... They wandered off with the RedHat 7.3 DVD.

And another Herefordian there got the SuSE 7.3 boxed set that we had
from OpenDay. Another chap had started a Mandrake 8.2 installation
and other people took away the last 3 of the Mdk 8.2 one-CD packets.
Dave mentioned/gave a SuSE one-CD evaluation version and there=20
was a positive response to being able to try it out without installing.=20
Debian got mentioned via a question about Lindows.

P.S. my request for help - I've foolishly mislaid CD #1 of the
SuSE 8.0 set that were kindly copied for me (I still have the rest=20
#2 though #7) - any chance of copying a new #1 for me ?

regards
john