[Gloucs] Apologies but this is a test (and hello).

jinxy gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Nov 25 18:13:00 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Addison" <dave@redmoor.org.uk>
To: <gloucs@mailman.lug.org.uk>
Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2002 8:35 PM
Subject: Re: [Gloucs] Apologies but this is a test (and hello).
I installed Debian 3 on a test machine after it appeared on one of the
Linux mags last month. No real problems and only one real irritation.
You can't log on to the GUI as root but if you log on as a normal user
and then try to run one of the configuration tools, you get the error
message "Must be root to use this tool" instead of a password prompt. I
never did work out how you were supposed to configure the system from
the menus.
--
Dave Addison

I can login as root on mine no problems, I think it just hides the root user
account.

Also I'll try and make it tomorrow but it depends on if I think the car will
make it there and back :-/