[Gloucs] Mandrake 8.2 on a Dell Inspiron 8100

gloucs@mailman.lug.org.uk gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Oct 30 23:33:00 2002

--wac7ysb48OaltWcw

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 06:41:55PM +0000,  overs.worldonline.co.uk wrote:
> Hi Guys,=20
>=20
> I have recently installed this OS on the above computer, to dual boot=20
>>Lots of stuff snipped

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately I can't help directly - I'm fairly new, use Redhat and
doesn't use Nvidia.  But I can offer encouragement.  I have managed to
"get going" on Linux after a few false starts, and found it best to not
worry about curing every fault and getting everything perfect.  My
advise would be to carry on using your machine for whatever you use it
for, and do what you can in GNU/Linux.  After a while thing start to
make (a bit) more sense, you understand more how things work and how to
solve some of the things.  Use this list, and use Google - especially
then news groups.

Good luck

Steve

--=20