[Gloucs] realtime with Linux demo

Guy Edwards gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Sep 9 17:47:00 2002

Hi,

...Not for the next meeting but a future one,

I'm helping out some people with their (free open source) programs
documentation, (error spotting) and they suggested that they could do a
demonstration of their program to the LUG sometime.

I said I'd ask if anyone was interested and if anyone used this sort of
thing at all. If not, it might be an interesting demonstration anyway.

http://www.linuxcnc.org/

and

http://sourceforge.net/projects/emc/

"EMC is software that implements real-time control of equipment such as
machine tools, robots, and coordinate measuring machines. It runs in
real-time under Linux with the NMT rtlinux patch, and in nonrealtime
under Solaris, and WindowsNT."

If anyones interested in this I'll get something organised.

Guy