Re[2]: [Gloucs] ADSL Linux

johnmckeown gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Sep 3 23:35:01 2002

Nick,

Thanks. Yes I see and it's working now.
I found the router's console where I could put all that vpi/vci
and adsl user/password etc, and then I found some numbers in the
documentation for IP, subnet, and gateway that I put into Yast
Ethernet dialogs rather than DSL dialog (the Yast DSL dialog
seems not to come into play as that's all done direct on
the router console).

It works great!

NW> the vpi and vci numbers are added to the config setting for
NW> your adsl router and not your linux workstation.  You linux workstation
NW> would be setup with a suitable ip address to talk to your adsl router

Best regards,
 johnmckeown                            mailto:jmckeown@glos.ac.uk