[Gloucs] interview (realtime with Linux demo - 20th October)

Guy Edwards gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Sep 12 22:23:00 2002

On Thu, 2002-09-12 at 21:57, Craig Butler wrote:
> congrats m80 !!

Cheers, it was really cool actually,

They put a few of us in a room with various computer components placed
on tables around the room with letters next to them. We had to identify
each component. There was some ancient things there like a Diamond
Stealth video card, some 30 pin memmory etc.

Then there was also a computer that had been disabled by various things
being removed, and we had to spot what.

And lastly a written test with questions like
* Explain the acronm, CNR PCI ISA DIMM SO-DIMM...
* Put the following in cronological order AGP ISA PCI CNR....
* match the manufacturer with the component
intel		video card
asus		PII
S3		motherboard
(....)
* Which company recently merged with HP?

(+the normal interview)

It's not to work on the main network but on the computing studies
seperate network, where students play with routers, various servers and
even unix was mentioned. Do they mean linux? I hope so or rather, it
will be soon (evil grin).

Guy