[Gloucs] mandrake 9.1

Guy Edwards gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Apr 6 12:20:00 2003

On Sun, 2003-04-06 at 12:35, Guy Edwards wrote:
> I downloaded a nvidia driver from
> http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=linux_display_ia32_1.0-4349

I changed the entry in XF86-Config-4 from driver "nv" to "nvidia", 3d
acceleration works with no problems at all.

> My sound wasn't working (SBLive! value) but going into Mandrake Control
> Center it gives me a troubleshooting tool (hardware - soundcard -
> troubleshooting) and lets me run configuration tools from there. I seem
> to remember having the same problems in Mandrake 9.0 but fixed by
> switching between the drivers it used.

I fixed this by selecting from the list of alternative drivers in the
Mandrake Control Center GUI tool, another emu-10k driver (I presume it
must be OSS driver not alsa?), which then worked straight away.

Guy Edwards <guy_j_edwards@hotpop.com>