[Gloucs] mandrake 9.1

gloucs@mailman.lug.org.uk gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Apr 8 09:47:01 2003

On Sun Apr  6 12:35:18 2003, Guy Edwards wrote

> The installer has been beautified and seemed to be easier to understand
> without loosing any options. The install ran fine and it automatically
> identified and setup my local printer which Mandrake 90 didn't use to
> do.
>
> My sound wasn't working (SBLive! value) but going into Mandrake Control
> Center it gives me a troubleshooting tool (hardware - soundcard -
> troubleshooting) and lets me run configuration tools from there. I seem
> to remember having the same problems in Mandrake 9.0 but fixed by
> switching between the drivers it used.

I found mandy 8.* had terrible hardware support/troubleshooting, so it's
good to hear that they've improved in 9.* !

Going to upgrade to Slack 9 from 8.1 very soon, so we're all gradually
getting to level 9 users. What will come next - Slackware "X" ?

Francis