[Gloucs] Meetings + Suggestions

Dave Addison gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Apr 23 21:26:01 2003

This is a PGP signed message sent according to RFC3156 [PGP/MIME]

--=_Turnpike_UV03flBRZvp+4LZP=

In message <200304231522.37096.jmckeown@glos.ac.uk>, john mckeown=20
<jmckeown@glos.ac.uk> writes

>Yesterday's turnout was up on March, with 4 new people.
>Discussion/demo/talk topics included:
>TeX, LyX, DTP for Linux, WYSIWYG issues, text editors
>RedHat9, Laptops, AOL Linux client (Penggy),
>Porting apps to Linux (OSX, static libraries eg Opera)
>
>Suggestion:
>Aim to have 1 advanced and 1 basic talk each meeting.
>
>Possible schedule? Rejig if new offers want earlier months.
>
>   May
>Re-compiling kernel    Francis    ( long )
>Linux glossary  ( short )
>Installing Debian on SPARC hardware
>   June
>Databases online (MySQL, PHP)    JohnM    (long)
>   July
>Crickleigh Park, outdoors; maybe open to families?
>more social - I plan to bring some picnic snacks
>(alt. Robinswood Hill, not so easy to get to?)
>  August
>Shell scripting & BASH    (long)
>CrossOver Plugin demo   (short)
>  September
>Document repurposing: XML > TeX    (short)
>  October
>  November
>Open Day
>
>Other talks in pipeline? Suggestions or offers please...
--Snip
If anyone's interested I've been using the FreeSWAN VPN software and=20
I've also been doing some serious playing around with sendmail. Of=20
course this presupposes I'll actually manage to get to a meeting at some=20
point.
--=20
Dave Addison

--=_Turnpike_UV03flBRZvp+4LZP=